In 1957 Jaguar launched what would turn out to be the last of the Jaguar XK series. The XK150 was a more refined and capable machine than its predecessors the XK120 and XK140. It is one of 662 drophead coupes produced and was one of the most sought after variations. Easily distinguishable by its beautiful lines and wider grille the model also benefits from improved interior space. With the updates the XK150 retained much of the mechanical layout of the earlier car sharing the same 3.4 litre DOHC Jaguar straight-six, developing 180bhp with the SE and S variants producing 210 and 250bhp respectively. Overdrive and a Borg-Warner auto gearbox were the transmission options and the much admired chrome Jaguar mascot was also made available as an optional extra on an XK for the first time.
Today this 1958 Jaguar XK150 SE 3.4 litre Drophead Coupe is presented in Black with a Red leather interior and Black roof. It was supplied new via Ritchies of Glasgow and bought by its 1st owner in November 1958, an accompanying Jaguar Heritage Certificate confirms that this car is a matching numbers example supplied new with a manual gearbox with overdrive. The car was used until the end of 1969 then placed into storage until it was sold to the 2nd owner in 2014. The new custodian then had a full nut and bolt rebuild which took 2 years to do and completed in 2016. The result is a truly outstanding example which is ready to be displayed in any concours. The car is accompanied with a full tool kit plus its original jack, grease gun and tyre inflator, and with only 662 drophead coupes made, this exceptionally refined example is one of the most sought after XK150s.